- Does it cost anything (SafeCoins) to add an entry into an existing AD?
- Can I add invalid pointers? I mean, a pointer to a non-existent structure. I’m thinking to encode data and pretend they are pointers.
- Can I have duplicated pointers on a list?
- RFC says AD max size is 100KiB. Does it mean that I can have 100KiB of data, plus 100KiB in priv entries, plus 100KiB in pub entries, i.e. 300KiB in total?
- Best case scenario we can store about 1k pointers (AD max size = 100k, 100B each priv/pub entry). Is there any recommendation/standard/best practices to store more items than this?
- Sorting: are these entries chronologically sorted?
- Delete: what if an attacker appends a lot of junk entries in my AD, blocking it for new, legitimate, writings? Can I use the “delete” method to release space again? Or will “delete” just move the entries from a list to another, and thus my AD will be forever blocked for new writings?
For information: Appendable Data (and Mutable Data) have been superceded by Mutable Data which is not yet documented except in code and any test apps.
Your questions will I think remain valid. Just letting you know!