Error using Peruse dev browser v0.6.0

I am following this tutorial – https://hub.safedev.org/platform/web/#authorise-application-and-connect-to-the-safe-network – but I can only ever successfully connect once. After the first time I refresh the browser I get the error below (I am setting NODE_ENV=dev, then opening Peruse from that shell):

Uncaught (in promise)
E {message: "Core error: Routing client error -> Account does not exist for client", stack: "-101↵    at module.exports (/Applications/Peruse.a…s/app.asar/node_modules/ffi/lib/callback.js:66:25"}
message: "Core error: Routing client error -> Account does not exist for client"
stack: "-101↵    at module.exports (/Applications/Peruse.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@maidsafe/safe-node-app/src/native/_error.js:32:10)↵    at args.push.ffi.Callback.restArgs (/Applications/Peruse.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@maidsafe/safe-node-app/src/native/_base.js:105:27)↵    at /Applications/Peruse.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/ffi/lib/callback.js:66:25"
__proto__: Error
    at makeError (/Applications/Peruse.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@maidsafe/safe-node-app/src/native/_error.js:23:17)
    at module.exports (/Applications/Peruse.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@maidsafe/safe-node-app/src/native/_error.js:31:13)
    at args.push.ffi.Callback.restArgs (/Applications/Peruse.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@maidsafe/safe-node-app/src/native/_base.js:105:27)
    at /Applications/Peruse.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/ffi/lib/callback.js:66:25
step @ App.css?9a66:26
(anonymous) @ App.css?9a66:26

Hi Nick, let’s get you sorted.

I recommend upgrading to the latest release or building from the master branch as there have been many fixes and enhancements since 0.6.0

From where did you download Peruse dev@0.6.0? You may need a --mock flag when executing.

@hunterlester @Nick_Virag, be aware of this known issue: https://maidsafe.atlassian.net/browse/MAID-2658
I’m not fully sure but it could be that

1 Like

A couple months ago I posted a question and was told to download a specific browser. Here is the link.

I downloaded 0.7.0 and passed --args --mock when opening the app. Still experiencing the same issue though :confused: .

Are you deleting your MockVault directory after the error occurs? Is the error consistently occurring after starting with a fresh MockVault flie?

Use this doc to find MockVault. Most likely /tmp/MockVault.

Yes, I tried that, and the error occurs every time. I also just tried the most recent version of safe_web_app_quick_start and I get the same error after refreshing once.

Are you refreshing a browser tab where the content is safe_web_app_quick_start?

Are you observing the error at any other time or only when using safe_web_app_quick_start?

This is looking like an issue with the web app and not the browser.
I’ll get in there and see if I can reproduce.

Yes I am refreshing the browser, and I experience this with the other web app I am working on, Jams. Though I used safe_web_app_quick_start to inform how I built the API methods in Jams.

What operating system do you use?

I’m using OSX, and on High Sierra I believe. I don’t have my computer with me so I’m not sure which version exactly. I can be more detailed when I get home.

High Sierra v10.13.6

Hey Nick,

I should have thought of this before. Sorry to leave you hanging.
Until we sort out this bug you can run your own test net and connect the browser to it.

Check out this reply to another user experiencing probably the same issue as you.

Thanks Hunter. That seems to be the way to go.

I was able to run 9 vaults locally, but I couldn’t find much instruction on how to configure the peruse browser to connect to these vaults. I used my invite token and created an account, but could not connect to the network. I assume the way to do this is to add the local IP and port of each vault to the “hard_coded_contacts” array. Is there anything else I need to do to configure Peruse to connect to my local vaults?

Thanks!
Nick

1 Like

Referencing my reply to another thread.

• Replace the contents of the crust.config file with the contents of the safe_vault.crust.config file that you created to run your local vaults.
  • Run one of these three commands based on your platform
  • yarn prod-dev , assuming you’ve already yarn , yarn rebuild , yarn build , see README.

That’s all you need. hard_coded_contacts will be empty.

I followed all these instructions, and received this error in the console

remoteCall createAccount was rejected with: {“error_code”:-14,“description”:“Core error: Blocking operation was cancelled”}

I even followed the recommendation here How to run a local test network. I copied the file into the directory where the binary is located —the root directory correct?

crust.config will reside in a different place on OSX.
Use this example to study where it should reside.
Looks like SAFE Browser.app/Contents.

I’m having no luck. Since I’m connecting to a live network (even if local) I should be using the master branch of safe_browser right? I feel like I’m making a mistake early on in the process, because the instructions aren’t really lining up 100%.

Is there an up to date tutorial you could point me to? It’s getting hard to develop without being able to authorize my app and test the MD methods.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.