File UID as sha256sum ?

Yes I agree with @danda, it’s just basically how you organise the commands and their valid flags and options, so it’s a hierarchy, once you have the files subcommand you know whatever follows is related and applied to a FilesContainer, and the same for others subcommands like nrs, so you group them.

It’s a language thing… or “thing language”, as you will insist :slight_smile:
but alias likely are an answer.

It follows from user orientated use of language adjective noun. I want to do X with Y. I want to list files… not files list.

Users eh :roll_eyes:

So you are clearly not German: “Ich möchte Dateien auflisten” :smiley: (https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=de&text=i%20want%20to%20list%20files). There may be similar situations in other languages, I’m not sure, I just happen to be aware of this thing in German lang which I thought shows some relativism in what you say?

Seriously speaking, I think what you are looking for is natural language processing tool which can work on top of a CLI? I’d consider introducing a list/tree/whatever subcommand if semantically speaking can be applied to most of the content types (Wallets, NRS containers, etc.) rather than to only files containers?

1 Like