I can't install safe_examples

Computer

• Kernel: 4.16.6-1-ARCH x86_64
  • Distro: Arch Linux

I want to create websites and a cryptocoin application.

I want to be able to test the websites in a mock browser.

I don’t know how I’d achieve the latter, but a ‘hello world’ in either javascript or rust would be a great start.

I’m however already encountering the first hurdle. Installation.

I’d like to install the safe_examples, though I’m assuming only the safe_web_api_playground and web_hosting_manager are of interest to me, so here are the errors I’m getting of the two apps when I try to install them:

web_hosting_manager

In file included from ../../nan/nan.h:192:0,
                 from ../src/binding.cpp:1:
../../nan/nan_maybe_43_inl.h: In function ‘Nan::Maybe<bool> Nan::ForceSet(v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::Value>, v8::Local<v8::Value>, v8::PropertyAttribute)’:
../../nan/nan_maybe_43_inl.h:112:15: error: ‘class v8::Object’ has no member named ‘ForceSet’
   return obj->ForceSet(isolate->GetCurrentContext(), key, value, attribs);
               ^~~~~~~~
In file included from ../src/binding.cpp:1:0:
../../nan/nan.h: In function ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> Nan::MakeCallback(v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::Function>, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*)’:
../../nan/nan.h:835:60: warning: ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> node::MakeCallback(v8::Isolate*, v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::Function>, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*)’ is deprecated: Use MakeCallback(..., async_context) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         v8::Isolate::GetCurrent(), target, func, argc, argv);
                                                            ^
In file included from ../../nan/nan.h:49:0,
/home/folatt/.node-gyp/10.0.0/include/node/node.h:172:50: note: declared here
                 NODE_EXTERN v8::Local<v8::Value> MakeCallback(
                                                  ^
/home/folatt/.node-gyp/10.0.0/include/node/node.h:88:42: note: in definition of macro ‘NODE_DEPRECATED’
     __attribute__((deprecated(message))) declarator
                                          ^~~~~~~~~~
../../nan/nan.h: In function ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> Nan::MakeCallback(v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::String>, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*)’:
../../nan/nan.h:850:62: warning: ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> node::MakeCallback(v8::Isolate*, v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::String>, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*)’ is deprecated: Use MakeCallback(..., async_context) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         v8::Isolate::GetCurrent(), target, symbol, argc, argv);
                                                              ^
/home/folatt/.node-gyp/10.0.0/include/node/node.h:165:50: note: declared here
                                                  ^
/home/folatt/.node-gyp/10.0.0/include/node/node.h:88:42: note: in definition of macro ‘NODE_DEPRECATED’
                                          ^~~~~~~~~~
../../nan/nan.h: In function ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> Nan::MakeCallback(v8::Local<v8::Object>, const char*, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*)’:
../../nan/nan.h:865:62: warning: ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> node::MakeCallback(v8::Isolate*, v8::Local<v8::Object>, const char*, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*)’ is deprecated: Use MakeCallback(..., async_context) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
         v8::Isolate::GetCurrent(), target, method, argc, argv);
                                                              ^
/home/folatt/.node-gyp/10.0.0/include/node/node.h:158:50: note: declared here
                                                  ^
                                          ^~~~~~~~~~
../../nan/nan.h: In member function ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> Nan::Callback::Call_(v8::Isolate*, v8::Local<v8::Object>, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*) const’:
../../nan/nan.h:1479:5: warning: ‘v8::Local<v8::Value> node::MakeCallback(v8::Isolate*, v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::Function>, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*)’ is deprecated: Use MakeCallback(..., async_context) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
     ));
     ^
/home/folatt/.node-gyp/10.0.0/include/node/node.h:172:50: note: declared here
                                                  ^
                                          ^~~~~~~~~~
make: *** [binding.target.mk:115: Release/obj.target/binding/src/binding.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/folatt/Cloud/workspace/MaidSafe-Mock/safe_examples/web_hosting_manager/node_modules/node-sass/build'
gyp ERR! build error 
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/home/folatt/Cloud/workspace/MaidSafe-Mock/safe_examples/web_hosting_manager/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:258:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:225:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.16.6-1-ARCH
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/home/folatt/Cloud/workspace/MaidSafe-Mock/safe_examples/web_hosting_manager/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild" "--verbose" "--libsass_ext=" "--libsass_cflags=" "--libsass_ldflags=" "--libsass_library="
gyp ERR! cwd /home/folatt/Cloud/workspace/MaidSafe-Mock/safe_examples/web_hosting_manager/node_modules/node-sass
gyp ERR! node -v v10.0.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.6.2

safe_web_api_playground

[me@MyComputer safe_web_api_playground]$ yarn
yarn install v1.6.0
warning ../package.json: License should be a valid SPDX license expression
[1/4] Resolving packages...
[2/4] Fetching packages...
info fsevents@1.1.3: The platform "linux" is incompatible with this module.
info "fsevents@1.1.3" is an optional dependency and failed compatibility check. Excluding it from installation.
[3/4] Linking dependencies...
[4/4] Building fresh packages...
success Saved lockfile.
$ cd ./node_modules/codemirror && yarn && gulp safe-styles
yarn install v1.6.0
warning ../../../package.json: License should be a valid SPDX license expression
info No lockfile found.
[1/4] Resolving packages...
warning blint > nomnom@1.8.1: Package no longer supported. Contact support@npmjs.com for more info.
[2/4] Fetching packages...
[3/4] Linking dependencies...
[4/4] Building fresh packages...
success Saved lockfile.
$ npm run-script build

> codemirror@5.33.0 build /home/rogier/Cloud/workspace/MaidSafe-Mock/safe_examples/safe_web_api_playground/node_modules/codemirror
> rollup -c

Done in 31.73s.
[12:51:39] Working directory changed to ~/Cloud/workspace/MaidSafe-Mock/safe_examples/safe_web_api_playground
gulp[26107]: ../src/node_contextify.cc:631:static void node::contextify::ContextifyScript::New(const v8::FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value>&): Assertion `args[1]->IsString()' failed.
 1: node::Abort() [gulp]
 2: 0x5646eb7c69db [gulp]
 3: node::contextify::ContextifyScript::New(v8::FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value> const&) [gulp]
 4: v8::internal::FunctionCallbackArguments::Call(v8::internal::CallHandlerInfo*) [gulp]
 5: 0x5646eb9dbba7 [gulp]
 6: 0x5646eb9dc33c [gulp]
 7: 0x32916988427d
error Command failed with signal "SIGABRT".
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/install for documentation about this command.

Try the tutorial at https://hub.safedev.org

1 Like

I looked into that again and found the app tutorial.

That gives me something to build a ‘hello world’ app. What about websites?

I don’t understand your question - a web app is a website, so the tutorial for that covers both. Or did you not see the DOM tutorial? There are two tutorials, one to build a desktop app, and the one you want to build a DOM / Web app.

I haven’t found the DOM yet. [update] I have now.

I was under the impression that a safe_web_hosting_manager was needed.
I have uploaded websites to that before.

1 Like

You don’t need the WHM to develop or test with mock routing.

The WHM is to be used with the network: a way to create a public name (eg folattsplace), create a www service on it, and upload the files of your website to the live (alpha2) network so it can appear at safe://folattsplace, safe://www.folattsplace, safe://blog.folattsplace etc

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.