Is there a way to delete public ID or should I keep creating new ones?

I’d like my public ID deleted, so I can continue developing my website on my latest account.

I can always create yro2,3,4,5…1,000, but that’s filling up the alpha2 network with junk.

Not sure you can do so at the moment.

Once the facility to do so is in place then the MD could be overwritten.
Also, the public name could be re-routed but again… not yet.

DG

Creating a public ID called yro2 it is then.

For the time being yes, that’s the easiest way. In the future I was thinking the WHM or file manager could allow you to remap a public id to a random MD/xorname, so as long as you have the x number of PUT/s needed for that simple mutation in the public id then you could upload the new files with a different account. This can already be done but with some script. How about you try to write such an script? :wink: I can commit to help you here in the process, how does that sound?

1 Like

x number of PUT/s… You mean account balance points?

I’m afraid I’ve spend all of those :frowning_face:

Yes, correct, so with that account you won’t be able to. However writing such an script could still be a nice exercise to learn the APIs and data representation, not trying to be pushy here, just saying for whenever/if you ever feel ready for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was the most important one, but I assume we will eventually have an Alpha 3.

Considering I want to build a complex Maidsafe app, I think some experience comes in handy.

I’ll do it.

4 Likes

Hey @folaht this is a little off topic but I think I remember you saying you were building a market app? Well not sure if you’d be interested as it will add a little bit more work but there is a push for RDF (resource descriptive framework) or “Linked Data” in SAFE. The first app builders will be setting an example for others to come and everyone benefits from a semantic web. JAMS has committed to making this effort by working with JSON-LD and using the Music Ontology.

You may already know all this but to my point. I was looking for well defined ontologies (kind of like agreed upon vocabs for) that are used for RDF and this one is used by Best Buy and other retailers and is said to be a relatively simple ontology.

http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Edit: just noticing the site has some broken links and I’m not sure why. This one works and should be pertinent http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1.html#Brand

2 Likes

No, I’m planning to build a cryptomint app.
But currently I’m busy with my conlang website because it’s easier to make and I believe my cryptomint needs a website as well.

1 Like

My bad. Cryptomint sounds neat.

I swore I saw someone on here saying they were building a market app… :thinking: if anyone spots the post if you could link to my post that would be greatly appreciated.

I think you’re referring to SafeShop by @JackTiew as shown in here: MD Entries loading issue.

1 Like

That’s the one! Thanks @bzee. That message was meant to be directed at you @JackTiew. Hope development is going well for you. A marketplace would do amazing on SAFE.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.