auth unlock --self-auth
files put /home/folaht/safe/bonjour_chacun.txt
cat safe://source_path

Client

safe
networks add lan
networks switch lan
quit
echo "my.lan.ip.address:12000" | tee ~/.safe/cli/networks/lan_node_connection_info.config
safe
auth restart
auth unlock
cat safe://source_path

Expectations

A Bonjour chacun ! on both server and client.

Results

Server

> cat safe://hyryyry96hxxe5rygh5b1qfp7hi3jxtefkepj4prq8gif487tkapbords1ynra
Bonjour chacun !

Client

> auth unlock
Passphrase: 
Password: 
Sending action request to authd to unlock the Safe...
[2021-01-26T07:11:07Z ERROR safe] sn_cli error: [Error] AuthdError - [Error] ClientError - No nodes/peers found defined for bootstrapping
2 Likes

Unable to replicate on either macOS 11.1 or Ubuntu 20.04.1, all I have access to at the moment.
The only other difference I have from your set up is that there was a node release, 0.25.36, this morning which my machines updated to after this PR was merged earlier. That shouldn’t have any effect on this though.

Did you have this working on Manjaro at some point recently?

3 Likes

I stopped having the first issue since sn_node 0.25.36.
That’s one solution out of two. I changed the title accordingly.

I don’t think CLI can connect to authd on a different IP yet, there is a pending thing to be done related to how it can fetch the TLS certificates. So CLI and authd need to be on same PC now to work.

1 Like

It did a couple of versions ago.

This error seems to suggest you don’t have the correct config file in place with your server IP? i.e. have the ~/.safe/node/node_connection_info.config with the IP of your server.

I see you have an authd running on both sides, server and client PCs, when you try to run safe auth unlock from the client PC it connects by default to the one you have in the client box, not the one on the server.

1 Like

One additional comment, for fetching public data with $ safe cat you don’t really need to unlock and/or have a Safe, you don’t even need to have authd running, if the content is already published on the network you can cat it with read-only access, thus no need to self-authorise CLI.

2 Likes

So all I need to do is switch network?

$ safe cat safe://hy8oycycfzs8a4y4x4p31tso5ajo38xk7j1sqtfkzw6zaf3ifutnkriyh9y
[2021-01-31T22:16:16Z ERROR safe] sn_cli error: Failed to connect: [Error] ConnectionError - Failed to connect to the SAFE Network: QuicP2p(EmptyBootstrapNodesList)

That ^^ seems to be the issue you face

2 Likes

Problem solved for this issue.

echo "\"my.lan.ip.address:12000\"" | tee ~/.safe/cli/networks/lan_node_connection_info.config
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.