Live Q&A: Working with the SAFE Browser

Next Friday, 25 January we are going to host a Zoom session with two key contributors to the SAFE Browser project, Gabriel (@bochaco) and Josh (@joshuef). The guys will give an overview of the features and describe how the Browser works behind the scenes. They’ll then do a Q&A session and finish up with a word about what’s coming down the pipe.

This is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have about working with the SAFE Browser for development so we’d like to get your questions in advance to give the chaps an opportunity to prepare their answers. If you could submit them as a reply to this post then I’ll collate them on Wednesday.

The session will start at 15:30 (UTC) and last for a maximum on 1 hour but might be a bit shorter depending on the number of attendees and questions we get.

Thanks,
David.

How to join the Zoom session

Zoom seems to be best used on Chrome or through the app. For some reason, it doesn’t like Firefox or Safari so we would suggest avoiding these browsers. Joining is fairly straightforward, if you’re coming via Chrome you do have to click on a few things before you get to ‘join through my browser’, but this simple step by step guide will keep you right:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-

If you can join approx. 5 mins before 15:30 so we can get started promptly that would be great.

Here is the Meeting ID: 735 305 884.

16 Likes

Would you mind adding a link to the google hangout?

1 Like

Hi @optictopic, we’re just sorting out a few of the logistics at this end - but as soon as we’ve got the confirmed link, we’ll definitely share it here and across social media :+1:

3 Likes

Hi all, just quick update on the Google Meet on Friday. So, first things first, we’re not going to be using Google and instead we’ll be using Zoom. We’ve been playing around with it here at MaidSafe and the functionality is fairly good so we hope it works for you.

Best used on Chrome or through the app. For some reason it doesn’t like Firefox or Safari so we would suggest avoid these browsers. Joining is fairly straightforward, if your coming via Chrome you do have to click on a few things before you get to ‘join through my browser’, but this simple step by step guide will keep you right

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-

If you can join approx. 5 mins before 15.30 so we can get started promptly that would be great.

Oh, and before I forget, here is the Meeting ID: 763-686-3506.

Speak soon,
Ceilidh

2 Likes

What a shame, too early in the morning for me (1:30am) so I’ll miss this one.

Will there be a recording of it?

Hi Rob, yes we’ll be recording so you can watch later!

4 Likes

I’m trying to join the Zoom meeting using number 735305884, but I get “Invalid meeting ID”, Maybe it’s just still too early. I’ll try again later.

I have the same message.

1 Like

Hey all, the meeting won’t open until just before but looking forward to seeing you all

4 Likes

Hi, we’ve got a new code so please use this one 763-686-3506. Any problems give us a shout!

4 Likes

I missed this the last time. Any plans to do it again?

Think it would be great to do another but don’t have any planned in at the moment. You can watch back Josh and Gabriels one since you missed it in the meantime. Also if you think of a topic you would like to see covered in this style give me a shout and we will try and get something sorted

2 Likes