Local test network + WHM + SAFEBrowser => Failure getting config from the network

I don’t know if this is supposed to work together.

Anyway, running 3 nodes. Creating public id and uploading files went fine in WHM.

But I’m getting these errors in safe browser console:

Failure getting config from the network:  Core error: Routing client error -> Requested entry not found

Failure getting config from the network:  -106
    at module.exports (C:\Program Files\MaidSafe\safe-browser\resources\app\node_modules\@maidsafe\safe-node-app\src\native\_error.js:19:10)
    at C:\Program Files\MaidSafe\safe-browser\resources\app\node_modules\@maidsafe\safe-node-app\src\native\_base.js:121:57
    at C:\Program Files\MaidSafe\safe-browser\resources\app\node_modules\ffi\lib\callback.js:66:25

I’m trying to spot something in these js files but cannot see really what is going on.

And then when browsing to the site I just get the index file but nothing else.
Not getting any errors in console, although I would expect some if js files are not loaded.
Could it be related to the above?

EDIT: Adding all js directly into index.html made js work.
Wondering two things now:
1. Are the errors above anything important?
2. <script src="filename.js"></script> in index.html usually works (no subfolders in root-), but not in this case. Any suggestions as to why?

Hi @oetyng, those errors seem to be triggered by the browser app which is in charge of reading/storing you browsing history and bookmarks. That error must be because you haven’t authorise the browser’s app (you get the auth request upon logging in the authenticator), or perhaps you did but you never actually tried to save the browser state which generates the config data on the network the first time. I don’t think you’d see those error in latest version of the browser. To sum up, I don’t think you should worry about them as I think it’s related to browsing history & bookmarks.

I think there was a bug already fixed about relative paths (not 100% sure), can you please confirm this is also reproducible on latest version (v0.8.1) of the browser?

1 Like

Hi @bochaco and thanks for the response as always :slight_smile:

Authorisation was done and went fine with v0.6.0. Saving browser state, did not try that though.

Could not find v.0.8.2, I went with v0.8.1 instead.

So, those same errors were showing after login with v.0.8.1, like 2 seconds after.
If I logout and login again, there are no errors.

As of the referenced js files, working good in v.0.8.1
And site is working as expected! :slight_smile:
Thanks again, and I’ll stop using these old versions now, sorry about that :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Btw, thought I just take the chance to note that doing changes to a file just uploaded with WHM (v.0.4.4) will not be allowed, as WHM seems to be using it. This is true as long as WHM is open, even if the file has been removed from root.

1 Like

I’m sorry, my bad, I just corrected my previous post to not confuse others, latest is indeed v0.8.1.

No worries at all, I know you are using it until you merge your code to latest API :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting this, but I’m not understanding exactly how to reproduce this, would you be able to explain the steps to reproduce it in a github issue?

1 Like

Yep :slight_smile:

Absolutely.

1. I open WHM, and upload a file.
  2. If I now open this same file in an editor, do some change and try save, I’ll get error “The process cannot access the file”.
  3. I try do different things in WHM (go back to main view, or delete the file uploaded) to see if it might let go of the file, but only thing I found working is closing WHM.
1 Like

I got you now, yes it sounds like the WHM might not be releasing the file handler.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.