Hi SAFE devs, I have come across a concept recently, and if you can tell me why it won’t work and I agree with you, then I don’t need to chase the concept.
Do you know TiDB? I’ll assume no. It is a scalable drop in replacement for mysql. There are three components:
- TiKV - distributed key value store. rust.
- PD - controls placement of storage containers, for lack of better terms. rust.
- TiDB - Mysql API emulator more or less. Interacts with TiKV. golang.
As you know everything can be done with just a kv store. Truly, everything. So why not use TiKV in a SAFE-like way? I mean something along the lines of:
- hash all data coming in and store the hashes on-chain.
- on-chain hashes correspond to off-chain data stored in TiKV.
Note: I realize that this does not implement the full SAFE featureset-- it doesn’t attempt to, in fact.