Where I can contribute to Maidsafe?

Hello everybody,

I would like to check some issues from Maidsafe to check if I can tackle some and submit some PRs.

What’s the easiest way for a Javascript/python/C/C++ like me?
I already read some docs and topics on the forum (really nice forum BTW).

Cheers, mazzi.

5 Likes

Hey @mazzi Welcome to the SAFE community :slight_smile:
You can read docs here Developer Hub and if you would like to contribute visit our GitHub

Cheers, Siddique .

1 Like

Welcome @mazzi, I enjoyed your intro on the main forum and it’s great you want to help with code.

Most of the network code is written in Rust, the Browser is electron/JavaScript. Mobile authenticator and browser (not yet public) are written in C# (thanks for correction below from @vigneshwara, who is reportedly a man posessed! :ghost:).

I think JavaScript is going to be good for apps, also Python, and that there will be value in creating libraries on top of the API (which I’ve been doing from outside, see SafenetworkJS).

So quite a few ways for you to get involved depending on what you fancy.

4 Likes

The authenticator and the browser is written in c# (Xamarin).

2 Likes

Hey @siddique
Thanks for the info. I was looking precisely into that. I was checking previously GitHub and I was seeing too many repos, that’s the reason that I posted this thread :slight_smile: Clueless where to start.
Thanks!

@happybeing

SafenetworkJS is a really good pointer. First to understand some of the capabilities of the network and also the primivites/api. Good one! Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m keen with Rust, but before getting in to the Core libraries I believe that I should have a code buddy and/or a good understanding of the architecture.

I’ll give a look.

Thank you again.

@mazzi, you’re welcome. I’m not sure if you are looking to start with SafenetworkJS but if you are… great! And if so we can start a topic so I can let you know status and we can discuss further.

@happybeing Feel free to do it :slight_smile:
Thank you again!

1 Like

Welcome @mazzi! It’s great that you want to contribute and you’ve come to the right place! :slight_smile:

If you’d like to contribute in Rust, a good place to start would be SAFE Client Libs. We have some open issues that you can get started with. Here’s a list of good first issues.

5 Likes

@lionel.faber that’s super cool! Excellent!
Thank you people! Good places to start.

1 Like

@mazzi I’ve taken the opportunity to write a general update and put the work I’m doing and opportunities to help into context for you and others. So take a look at that and if you want look further we can start a topic on this forum to go into more detail. I won’t be offended if you prefer to dig into Rust. I’ll just be happy to see help coming to the project. Enjoy :smile:

1 Like

Thanks again @happybeing. Sorry for the late reply. I was on a plane.
I’ll give it a look this week. Not sure if I should start a new thread or post questions here. Let’s see how complicated my doubts are.
Cheers!

2 Likes