Just completed a proof-of-concept prototype of my chap app for the safe network. It is very rough but it demonstrates basic chat functionality using solely safe network.
If you want to try it you will need:
- Android device or emulator
- with installed Authenticator app on it (https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-authenticator-mobile/releases/tag/v0.1.3)
- logged in with alpha-2 account (you have to request one at https://safenetforum.org/)
- Zignals App APK (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GSx6eJVEpHTcC0EDlW-GjOooKGLW2spN/view?usp=sharing)
- Install the Authenticator app
- Login with your alpha-2 account
- Install the Zignals app
- Start Zignals app
- Tap on “Authenticate” button. It will lead you to the Authenticator app where you have to give permission
- After that you will be directed back to the Zignals app which will connect to safe network
- Once connected tap on “Fill in my contact details” and enter your name(s)
- On top of the screen there is “new reachout” button, tap on it to initiate connecting to other person.
- new screen will open, enter for whom this reach out is meant for, for example “Alice” and tap “Create reach out” button
- New screen will open with “Copy to clipboard” and “Share” button. If you are using just two emulators side by side use “Copy to clipboard”. You are using real Android device - use share and send it to the other person
- At the other end tap on the dots (home screen) and select “Accept reach out”. Tap on “From clipboard” (QR code is not working yet). If successful a toast will be shown “Reach out accepted”.
- Restart the Zignals app on the first device (in order to reinitialize)(kill and start again).
- At this point on both devices you can go to “Contacts” from main screen, tap on the contact’s name, then “Messages” and start chatting. Please note that you need to tap on “Refresh” icon on the top in order to receive the new messages.
Here is a short video showing the first device (wait for it, at some point nothing happens because I am working on the second device): https://youtu.be/rH_jZyNYX-c